BIBA Guide to Insuring the Sharing Economy
Posted on: 10 November 2016
Our Broker guides, in association with BIBA and DAC Beachcroft, continue into 2016.
The fourth issue looks at the Sharing Economy, which is growing rapidly and estimated to be worth $335 billion globally by the year 2025 (PwC). Whilst trust remains a fundamental foundation of the Sharing Economy, collaborative consumption comes with a unique set of risks and has driven the demand for new, innovative insurance solutions. This guide provides an overview of the key updates, considerations and challenges of insuring the Sharing Economy.
The content includes:
- Where does insurance fit?
- Growth and insurance contribution
- Insurance challenges in the Sharing Economy
- Risk mitigation in peer-to-peer transport
- Governmental reports on the Sharing Economy and the role of Sharing Economy UK
- Home-sharing: the impact for brokers
- The Sharing Economy: a broker’s perspective
- On demand skills and tool sharing – the insurance gap
Other guides also available include: