A BIBA Broker's Guide to the legal and regulatory aspects of marketing
Posted on: 14 November 2017
Issue 4 of our 2017 BIBA Broker guides, developed in association with DAC Beachcroft, is now available.
This guide discusses the legal aspects of marketing, highlighting some of the key legislation, potential reputational risks for businesses, and how to reduce exposure to these, and considerations for social media management.
The content includes:
- The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR)
- Regulation related to financial promotion
- Reputational risk in media and advertising
- Freedom of speech vs. defamation
- The Defamation Act 2013
- Social media management and third parties.
Other guides available include: