We no longer provide 'manual' cover note books for personal lines policies
Due to increasing digitalisation of our operations, we will no longer be supplying manual cover note books for personal lines motor insurance policies.
Refer to our guidance about electronic cover notes for information on signing up.
Electronic cover notes are a faster alternative to issuing manual cover notes and your employees will require minimal training for their implementation. Further benefits include:
- Professional document – provides a high quality printed document for your customer rather than a hand written note.
- Saves time – speeds-up the cover note process.
- Reusable – submitted data can be saved and reused for future requests.
- Minimises paper storage – no need to store cover note books.
- Free – there is no charge for this service.
- Proven – the service is already in use with many brokers.
Please note: Electronic cover notes are not available for motor trade policies and therefore manual cover notes should be relied upon.
How to sign-up to Electronic Cover Notes on imarket
If you have not yet registered, go to www.imarket.co.uk and simply click on 'Register'.
Once you are registered, contact your Allianz Business Developer who will advise you on the next steps.
To get the first manual cover note book for new business, speak to your Allianz Business Developer. They will advise you on whether electronic cover notes may be a better option for the situation.
How to order a replacement manual cover note book
If you require a replacement Commercial Fleet or Motor Trade cover note book then there a few steps that you must go through before we can send you out a new one.
- Unused cover notes should be crossed through to void them (do not staple, tear or cut them) prior to posting.
- Your used booklet should then be sent to the following address:
Please bear in mind that the return of old books does not automatically generate the issue of a new one. If you would like to request a book then this must be sent in writing either to the above address, emailed to AllianzCoverNotes@AdareSECNottingham.com or faxed to 01623 727501.
Electronic cover notes are an easier alternative to the manual equivalent. If you would like more information or help in making the switch, please contact your local Allianz representative who would be happy to lend assistance.
- Ensure that you are using the next available cover note. If you have missed a cover note in error, void it by crossing it through (do not staple, tear or cut them).
- Cover notes should be completed in black ink only as this is less soluble than blue ink, thus reducing the risk of fraudulent behaviour.
- Do not, under any circumstances, backdate or backtime a cover note, no matter who has asked you to do so.
- Use only the details as shown on the policy (other than where the details are being amended by virtue of the cover note). For example, ensure that the cover, class of use, excesses etc are the same as shown on the policy, unless the cover note has been issued to effect a change to any of these details.
- Where the cover note is being issued for a permanent mid-term adjustment, the amendment may be teleprocessed by the Customer Service Centre and, therefore, it is not necessary to issue a cover note.
- If the cover note is for tax purposes, check the FCEDI status of the policy. If the policy is FCEDI, a duplicate certificate should be issued from your system. If the policy is not FCEDI, issue the cover note for 14 days only, and request duplicate documents from the Customer Service Centre. Where the vehicle to be taxed is a new vehicle, the cover note effective date must be the date on which the substitution is to take place as the transaction will be processed from this date.
- It is necessary to issue a cover note for all temporary amendments on manual policies as a certificate will not be issued. If the policy is FCEDI, check whether the amendment can be processed by EDI (all amendments can be processed on the Misys system).
- If it is necessary to void a cover note, it is imperative that the word “VOID” is written diagonally across the page, and that the reason for voiding is also legibly written, along with your initials and the date.
- Any cover notes that are not required, but have been completed in full, should be submitted to the Customer Service Centre as Not Taken Up (NTU) cover rather than reattaching and voiding the cover note.
- All cover notes must be submitted to the Customer Service Centre on the day of issue, unless the transaction has been teleprocessed.
- Complete the date and time of issue prior to the rest of the cover note to avoid any mistaken discrepancies between issue and effective times.