Clients with Cross Border needs are an important and growing segment for the mid-corporate commercial insurance market.
Cross Border Solutions
We offer three Cross Border solutions for UK registered companies with assets or liabilities overseas:
Standalone Local Policy
For companies with large or complex overseas risks, our preferred approach is to issue Standalone Local Policies in the territory where those risks are situated, ensuring guaranteed compliance with local mandatory requirements.
Our international commercial network can now serve more than 160 countries. Access to our international commercial network can be arranged via your underwriters.
For further information please contact your local Allianz business developer or find a branch.
- Offers your client the possibility of accessing special local covers, such as Natural Catastrophe funds, Workers Compensation and Terrorism
- Issued in the local language
- The policy will be processed locally, meeting all local fiscal requirements
- A local broker can be recommended by Allianz in countries where there is a local requirement to have one
- Local risk management, insurance surveys and advice services can be provided.
- Notification and handling will be in the overseas territory where the claim event occurred
- Settlements paid directly to the local company where the loss takes place
- Claims can be paid to the local subsidiary and in local currency alleviating any exchange rate losses.
For companies with incidental overseas exposures, we have developed two International products.
International Commercial Select
For clients who are domiciled in the UK, but also have operations, or own premises or assets elsewhere.
International Property Owners Select
For clients who are domiciled in the UK, but also own properties in other countries.
- Overseas and UK risks under a single policy
- Property, Business Interruption and Third Party Liability covers available under Freedom of Services (FoS) legislation
- Policy is handled and serviced in UK with overseas tax and levies applied and remitted to the overseas tax authority
- Quotes and policy documentation issued from UK in English
- International network of risk engineers to carry out risk management surveys.
- Claims notification will be in the UK and handled by our established Allianz international claims team
- Access to global loss adjuster network
- Single point of contact for claims.
Integrated International Programme (IIP)
A tailored Integrated International Programme combining local policies with master cover issued by the lead insurer is suited to very large risks (companies with a turnover above £350m) and can be arranged through Allianz Global Corporate & Speciality (AGCS).